Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Heaven is for Real Book Review

Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and BackHeaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had seen this movie before I read the book. Heaven Is for Real is a true story about a little boy's journey to heaven during the battle of his life from a ruptured appendicitis.

If I hadn't seen the movie first, I think I would have had a hard time following the story. The prologue jumps to the summer after Colton's ordeal, then the first chapter takes us back to the beginning. I preferred the order of events in the movie over the book. Regardless, Colton's illness, in addition to his recovery, was a much longer and rocky road. I flew through that part of the book. The story brings hope and comfort to those who have lost loved ones. In addition to giving us an idea what to expect when we make our own journey.

It's a wonderful story that I think every Christian family should read.
The one irony of Colton's story that boggles my mind, the people who should believe him are the biggest skeptics!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment