Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2016

No, Thanks! I'd Rather Itch!

I can't believe it's been over five months since I published my first novel.  I think about the timing and am very grateful to have published it when I did.  My husband and I have been through some trials and tribulations ranging from the health of our aging parents to piracy.  Timing was vital, so I'm glad I picked the right release date.  Otherwise, you may never have joined Hope St. Clair on her unexpected journey to find her destiny.




Do you ever take the time to read the medication guide that comes with your prescription?  I have to admit expository medical writing is not my cup of tea, but I cannot express how important it is.  Patients should be aware of the possible side effects of a new medication.  Be vigilant and let your doctor and pharmacist know if you're experiencing any possible side effects.  My husband's former colleague was suddenly having seizures.  He had tests and CT scans done over the period of a few months.  The doctors were stumped.  They finally found the culprit...a prescription drug!

I had a c-section when my youngest was born.  I'm sure many of you ladies understand when I say the spinal really made me itch!  They gave me an antihistamine through my IV to relieve it.  It made me so groggy that by the time it finally wore off, I refused to take any more.  I told the doctor, "No, thanks!  I'd rather itch!"

 I suggest the next time your doctor prescribes a medication, to do a little research of your own.  Read the medication guide and Google it.  There's even reviews/feedback for medication online.  I cannot express how vital research is to a writer.  It's the foundation to his/her career.  Always remember that knowledge is power.

Veronica

 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment