Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Veronica R. Winters (not to be confused with the Russian artist) and I am a closet writer.  What is a closet writer, you ask.  A closet writer is one who keeps her writing a secret from most of her family, friends, and acquaintances.  Why, you ask.  Because I don't know how people will react.  Many people can be very unsupportive when it comes to someone pursuing the arts.  Many tend to squash another's dreams under their heel like a bug!

While I have been working on my first novel, I prefer to surround myself with supportive people and have come up with a pen name to keep my true identity a secret.  I do not plan to go the traditional publishing path.  My goal is to complete my first novel.  Then, I will decide if I would like to self-publish.  I prefer the idea of self-publishing for the reason of being my own boss.  Too many times, I've seen some of my favorite authors recycle characters and storylines to make a deadline.  I don't want to become that kind of a writer.

One of the FAQ I would receive if I "came out of the closet" would be what am I writing?  My work in progress, The Whisperer of Storms, is a historical novel set in late Regency England, with some paranormal elements to it.  You can read more about it on my website.   

Have a good weekend!

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment