Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Narrative

Today's tidbit:  My novel is written in third person narrative.  As a reader, I like to be like Edward Cullen; where I can get into all the character's minds.  That's why I chose to write in third person.  There's also more obstacles that come with writing in first person.  For example, if the narrative character is not in a scene, one of the other characters present has to relate it back to the narrator.  Also, the other characters have to tell the narrator what they are thinking and feeling.  I'm not saying I don't care for first person narrative.  I enjoyed the Twilight saga, which was written in first person.  It really made me think about how those novels were written and the complications that would arise with the narrative.  In closing, I just find it less complicated to write in third person.

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment