Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Soundtrack

I'm not sure if other writers make soundtracks to their novels, but I do have a playlist that I titled "Inspiration" on my iPod.  Many talented vidders on Youtube will make music videos sometimes using characters and scenes from movies and I do the same thing, but in my head.  The difference is where they choose to make a visual picture, I write.  If I had a soundtrack, it would include:
My Immortal by Evanescence
Because of You by Kelly Clarkson
Enchanted by Taylor Swift
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from The Phantom of the Opera.
Edited to add:  Broken by Seether featuring Amy Lee
Of course, I have to include score:
Pandora's Box (from Tomb Raider 2) by Alan Silvestri
Almost anything from John Williams, but the most emotional and inspirational would be the Force theme from Star Wars and Anakin's Betrayal.  The latter was played during the Order 66 scene in Revenge of the Sith and it usually brings me to tears.  I liked how in the second trilogy, Williams uses a choir in addition to the orchestra.  It reminds me of Carmina Burana.

Some of the songs shouldn't be taken too literally.  Sometimes, they only contain a few lines that I feel relate to my novel.

Sometimes when I write, I like to listen to the score of Twilight New Moon by Alexandre Desplat.  I find it good music to write by. 

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment