Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Thousand Years

With less than a week away from the release of the final Twilight movie, I watched Christina Perri perform her "reprise" for A Thousand Years (known as Part 2) on the Tonight Show on Friday night.  I went  on Hulu and watched it a few more times, trying to find the differences between this new song and the original.  I noticed the biggest difference in the first verse, but the rest of the song sounds very similar to the original.  While listening for the differences, I discovered something else.  A Thousand Years could be included on the "soundtrack" of my novel.  Now why didn't I think of it before with the numerous times I've heard the song on the radio?

With writing a historical, one has to know history.  With an idea blossoming this past week, I had to research the age of a historical landmark.  After all, a writer can't write about something that hadn't been created yet . . . or can they???

Veronica

1 comment:

  1. I finally got to listen to Part 2 thanks to YouTube. I stand corrected because it's a duet with Steve Kaze and I noticed more differences from the original. I like it as a duet. Here's the link if you want to listen or if you'd like to listen to other songs from the soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VB0CY9DTgs

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete