Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Belated Halloween!

Did everyone survive Halloween?  It was a busy Halloween for me with making a few costumes, helping with a school party and of course taking the kids trick-or-treating.  There was a little part of me that has considered dressing up as my author self (name tag and toting a laptop) or dressing up as my main character for Halloween.  For some reason, I think I would feel safer in my heroine's Empire gown and cape; there would be less questions that way.  Heck, I should just dress up as Jane Austen and kill two birds with one stone! 

My alarm clock interrupted my dream about firefighters this morning.  Don't worry, it was PG!  I dreamt I was waiting for the engine to get back from a fire so we could have a party - still PG.  I think it was triggered by the new firefighter show, Chicago Fire.

I am truly conflicted with who Elena should be with on the Vampire Diaries.  I think she belongs with Stephen, but there's a part of me that wants her to be with Damon.  Ahh, the love triangle.  I kind of have a little of that in my work in progress, minus the confusion on the girl's part.  I prefer to keep the confusion on the reader's part; to keep them guessing! ;o)

Beauty and the Beast is another new show that I've been enjoying.  I like the idea of Vincent not being the Beast all the time, but that he morphs into him.  I like the updated versions of Catherine and Vincent, but would like to see them get to know each other better.  In the original series, they had classic literature and music in common.  I would like to see the new versions find something in common besides homicide cases and government cover-ups.  I'm sure that will come as the season progresses.  I think what I like about the original characters is that they remind me of my characters by what they do to pass the time together.

Now that I'm getting some big projects behind me, I hope I will find more time to write.  I might surprise you with a snippet sometime.  Which character(s) would you like to know more about?

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment