Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beauty & the Beast

I saw that the CW has a new series coming out this fall called Beauty and the Beast.  I am a fan of the fairytale, the Disney movie, and the TV series starring Linda Hamilton so I plan to watch this new series.  Reading up about it, it sounds like a revival of the 80s TV series as the main characters are Catherine Chandler and Vincent.  Kristen Kreuk (Lana Lang, Smallville) stars as Catherine, who is a police officer this time.  Vincent (Jay Ryan of Terra Nova) morphs into the beast when he's enraged.  I initially thought he was a werewolf when I first saw it.  His teeth and eyes reminded me of the werewolves on the Vampire Diaries when they're transitioning.  I'll be tuning in this fall.  I hope I like it as much as the original!  Here's the link on the CW site if you want to check it out:  Beauty & the Beast

A few months ago, I had an epiphany that my novel sometimes parallels the fairytale and the Disney movie.  This was all done unintentionally on my part.  Some of it is very subtle.  Some readers may find irony in it.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since I used to read the fairytale repeatedly in elementary school.  That was about the same time that I discovered my interest in writing.

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment