Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Inspiration

The Phantom of the Opera movie, starring Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum, was on the other night.  I mentioned in a previous post that I was inspired by this film for my novel.  It's amazing how many more ideas came to me while watching it again.

In fact, it was POTO and another film that I saw around the same time that really inspired me (one was seen on DVD.)  There was a line in POTO that I thought would have been perfect for a character in the other film.  The line was Christine's:  "The tears I might have shed for your dark fate, grow cold and turn to tears of hate!"  Which film was it?  Well, that's the fun of writing; making the reader figure it out!  This film was the major inspiration for me.  It inspired me with setting, plot, and some characters.  I think many people will look at it and ask how that film inspired me when it's of an entirely different genre.

Gerry Butler also inspired one of my lead male characters.  I already left a big hint in his introduction post, so all you Tarts/GALS/Gerry fans should be able to pick him out.

Inspiration is a curious thing, isn't it?  I never know where my imagination will take me next.

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment