Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2

I discovered yesterday that they released the new trailer for the last installment of the Twilight Saga:  Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 Trailer  I wouldn't consider myself a "Twihard" fan, but I am looking forward to seeing this movie.  I spent this past spring reading the whole series and couldn't wait to find out what happens in BD2, so I read the entire book.  Since I've seen the first four movies before reading the books, I feel like such a cheater!

I feel a connection with Stephenie Meyer, because I am also a stay-at-home mother of three while writing my first novel.  I also considered majoring in English in college, but I chose a different path at the time.  She is really an inspiration for me.  Though her writing has turned into a very successful career, I think she's made a lot of sacrifices to further that career.

Now on to Edward.  Since Edward can read minds, I tell myself while writing in third person to get inside my characters minds.  I tell myself to be like Edward.  Edward has been an influence for a few of my characters, as well.  You could say he has a few things in common with some of them.  Robert Pattinson makes me sometimes wish that Edward was English.  Have I mentioned that I have a weakness for Englishmen?

I've been toying around with a Twilight inspired novel, but only have a few basic ideas down.  It's nothing like fan fiction or a spin off.  As I've said before, my characters are my own.

Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

Veronica    

No comments:

Post a Comment