Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hook the Reader

I am currently reading Amanda Ashley's newest release, His Dark Embrace.  I always find when I read one of her novels that I can't put it down, especially during the first half of the book.  She really knows how to hook the reader's attention.  I had recently read the latest novel from another of my favorite authors and I had a hard time sticking with it.  It could have been because it was a non-paranormal historical and the main characters didn't not have any interaction during the first quarter of the book except for flashbacks.  When the main characters finally did reconnect, that's when it finally caught my interest.

My hope is that I will one day be as exceptional of a writer as Mandy and be able hook the reader as she has done to me numerous times.  I find my characters interesting and there's certainly enough conflict in it.  I have plenty of drama and sometimes I'm afraid that whoever reads it will come after me with torches and pitchforks for what I do to some of the characters!  It's fortunate that I use a pseudonym!


Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment